Dr Rohan Satish Valsangkar MS, MCh(Urology), Dip. Advanced Lap. Urology (France) is urologist with more than 8 years experince. He has experience of working as a urologist in different urolgical centers all over India before settling down in Pune. He has a brilliant and meritorious career record right from his school days that has included training from the best medical colleges in India. He has been trained at and has been faculty at institutes known as the centers of excellence in the field of urolgy in India. His urological career includes:
1. Assistant Professor (Urology and Transplantation) at Institute of Kidney Diseases (IKDRC-ITS) at Ahmedabad, Gujarat for 3 years where he has gained extensive experience in the field of laparoscopic urology and kidney transplantation, in addition to endourology.
2. Diploma in advanced laparoscopic urology (France)
3. Consultant (Urology) at Sri Sathya Institute of Higher Medical Sciences (SSSIHMS), Prashantigram, Andhra Pradesh.
4. MCh(Urology) Bombay Hospital, Mumbai (Maharashtra University of Health Sciences)
5. MS(Gen Surgery), KEM hospital, Mumbai (Mumbai University)
6. MBBS LTMMC(Sion Hospital), Mumbai (Mumbai University)
He is amongst the few urologists in Maharashtra who are doing retroperitoneoscopic urological procedures (e.g. retroperitoneoscopic simple and donor nephrectomy) in addition to reconstructive laparoscopic urology (e.g. laparoscopic pyeloplasty, laparoscopic ureter reimplantation etc.) He has received many awards, (e.g. Eagle travelling fellowship, USI- Olympus international fellowship) and best paper prizes during his residency. He has many publications in indexed journals to his credit and he has been a reviewer for international urology journals. Some of his publications are:
1. Kulkarni JN, Singh DP, Bansal S, Makkar M, Valsangkar R, Siddaiah AT, Choudhary PS. Retropubic radical prostatectomy: Clinicopathological observations and outcome analysis of 428 consecutive patients. Indian J Urol. 2011 Jul;27(3):337-44.
2. Kulkarni JN,Valsangkar R, Jadhav YR, Singh DP. Impact of Gleason pattern up gradation
3. J. Kulkarni, Valsangkar R MP-13.09 Outcome Analysis of Positive Surgical Margins in Consecutive 428 Retropubic Radical Prostatectomies Urology, September 2011Volume 78, Issue 3, Supplement, Page 127
4. Valsangkar R, Singh DP, Gaur DD. Xanthogranulomatous prostatitis: Rare presentation of rare disease. Indian J Urol. 2012 Apr;28(2):204-5. doi: 10.4103/0970-1591.98468.
5. Kulkarni J, Jadhav Y, Valsangkar R. IVC Thrombectomy in Renal Cell Carcinoma-Analysis of Out Come Data of 100 Patients and Review of Literature Indian J Surg Oncol. 2012 Jun;3(2):107-13.
6. Valsangkar R, Goyal NK, Bajania SP, Rizvi SJ. Bladder paraganglioma with renal agenesis: A possible new association and its implications in the light of REarranged in transfection gene genetics. Urol Ann. 2015 Jul-Sep;7(3):410-3.
7. Valsangkar R, Rizvi SJ, Goyal NK : Extended partial cystectomy with augmentation cystoplasty: oncologically equivalent but underutilized alternative in urachal adenocarcinoma. Urol Ann. 2016 Jul-Sept;8(3):369-371
8. Valsangkar R, Rizvi SJ, Quadri SJ, Modi PR Transperitonial laparoscopic nephrectomy in acute grade 4 renal injury with a note on some unusual complications. Published ahead of print in Journal of Minimal Access Surg